My interview this evening for Talent Acquisition and Marketing went well, and I’ve already made a post about it on the blog; if the Disney internship ~community~ is the same as it was 3 years ago, updates and tips are always welcome. I started up the blog again before I’m even offered an internship position as a sort-of optimistic gesture to the universe, and I hope my independent initiative to help other people with their own internship journeys gives the impartial universe a small reason to suddenly care about my future.
If not, that’s expected, and I’m sure instead karma will pay me a visit for getting my hopes up.
A couple more updates on me, Tiffany:
- I have started eating Greek yogurt because health, and even though I have for some reason operated under the assumption that I do not like Greek yogurt, it turns out that I, in fact, do.
- However, there is a giant bag of (now-stale) Moe’s tortilla chips in our office, and I eat at least threefold of what it would take to cancel out any benefits from the yogurt.
- My cat is 1 pound overweight, which doesn’t seem like a lot, but she’s 10 pounds so 1 pound is 10% and Too Much™. Needless to say, she is on a strict diet for small kitties until she is slim and trim at 9 pounds at most.
- I do not yet have a bedtime routine since starting my Mon.-Fri. 9-5 job. It’s nearing 1 AM now, and I’m doing this instead of literally anything else productive to get me ready for sleep at a reasonable time.
- But I am drinking more water, and am not often dizzy when I stand up anymore.
- I took out the trash this morning and ran the dish washer, and my clothes hamper isn’t even half full yet.
- Checked out a book on the history of magic (unrelated to Harry Potter, unfortunately), looks old, smells old, is extremely interesting but makes me bone-tired when I read it, is probably haunted.
- Still haven’t finished “Emotional Intelligence” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- I have to hide my new alarm clock underneath a pillow bc otherwise cat will knock it off the nightstand.
Also, I’m working Astronomy Days from 9 AM – 5 PM at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences on Saturday, so if you’re reading this from central NC you should come meet some
aliens astronauts and get hype about space!!
I don’t want every blog post to have a message, necessarily, because that gets heavy and extra and hard for me to write, not to mention hard for y’all to read every time. Sometimes, I’d just like to update anyone who cares on how my life is going as a moderate-to-average person living on this earth.
Maybe someday I’ll have experience-based advice to offer, like the ever–inspiring Mikala, but I’ll have to be content for now to offer only subjective thoughts and quaint life updates. The ordinary day-to-day is underrated anyway, I feel, and as a firm believer in finding joy in the little things, I will do my best to prove it.
Today, there were 4 different kinds of ice creams in the freezer at work — the freezer on our floor!! we didn’t even have to go upstairs!! — and one of them had three different kinds of chocolate in it. If that isn’t a worthy little joy, I honestly don’t know what else I could possibly offer you.